Bayern promotional train ticket a.k.a Bavaria ticket could be purchased online at bahn website, at ticket machines or at ticket counters. Do take note that purchasing train ticket at ticket counters, where there is staff attending, charge 2 Euros extra. Here’s step by step guide to buy Bayern ticket online with credit card:
1. Go to www.bahn.com and select the country you are in, for example, USA. Key in your departure and arrival cities, date and time. Uncheck “Prefer last connections” and check “Local transport”. Select number of passengers and click “Search” button.
2. A list of available times shown. Pick a time you prefer, under “Saver fares” column, click at the ticket price, eg. “23.00 EUR”.
3. Look for “Bayern-Ticket” and pay attention at the conditions stated. Go back to the previous screen and click “Purchase” button right below “Saver fares” and “23.00 EUR”.
4. Again, a list of saver fares tickets shown. Pick “Bayern-Ticket” by clicking at the “Continue” button.
5. Sign up or login, then select “Credit card” option and key in your credit card information.
6. Pay attention at the terms of purchasing an online ticket. Do bring along printed hard copy of the Bayern ticket and your credit card during train ride for validation purpose. Passport is not accepted as identification document.
Bayern ticket is one day regional train pass within Bayern a.k.a Bavaria state, eg. München(Munich), Füssen(Fussen).It also covers some border areas of Bayern state, eg. Salzburg in Austria. It provides you unlimited access to local trains, S-bahn, buses and trams for a day. This ticket is especially good for travelers who plan to cover most area within Bayern, including countryside.
2. Ticket fare
Bayern Day Ticket
For second class ticket, starts from 23 Euros, add 5 Euros for each additional passenger.
For first class ticket, starts from 34.50 Euros, add 16.50 Euros for each additional passenger.
Do note that maximum up to 4 additional passengers allowed. This also means traveling in group of 5 person giving you great saving as low as 8.6 Euros per person for second class ticket.
Bayern Night Ticket
For second class ticket, starts from 23 Euros, add 2 Euros for each additional passenger.
For first class ticket, starts from 34.50 Euros, add 13.50 Euros for each additional passenger. This is fixed price, free seating ticket, it does not sell out, so there is no need to rush for buying or secure a ticket early. The ticket can also be used in such a way that partial passengers joining the group at the route along the way. Number of travelers has to be locked down during ticket purchase. Buy your ticket online at www.bahn.com. Buying ticket at ticket counters from train staff charge 2 Euros extra. Buying from ticket machines or online thru internet has no extra charge.
3. Validity times
For weekdays, Monday to Friday, ticket valid from 9am onward until 3am the following day.
For weekend, Saturday and Sunday, ticket valid all day, from 0am to 3am the following day.
4. Validity documents
Hard copy of the train ticket is required. For those who bought ticket online, do bring along the credit card you used for ticket payment. Both hard copy ticket and credit card are mandatory as identification document/ID for ticket validation by train conductor. Ticket bought online has date printed already, so there is no need to validate/stamp ticket at ticket validation machine anymore. Ticket validation is performed manually by the train conductor after train departure during your train ride. Ticket bough online has itinerary printed on ticket too, which can be ignored, as Bayern ticket allows you to take unlimited train ride within a day within Bayern state.
5. Validity train types
NOT valid on high speed trains, for example, ICE, IC, EC, RJ, D, NZ, TGV, CNL, EN.
Valid on regional train only, for example, RE, IRE, RB, S-Bahn, ALX, BOB.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.